Sunday, September 14, 2008

Everday Stuff

Everyday I do this job I am continually amazed at the people I come across. Yesterday, I arrested a 60 year old woman for DUI. I think that she was just hard on her luck and was acting out in desperation. I think that anyone getting into this work should realize that TV is bs the actual reality is much darker. People are generally bad and don't think about anyone other than themselves. The world is full of little narcissist that only care about themselves. I don't know where we are headed but it is not good.

4 comments:

Julie said...

You are absolutely right, bro. About the only thing that helps me get through each day is knowing that God's in control, and He's got me in the palm of his hand. I see a lot of the "incontinence" mentioned in Revelations at work - first I'm told that one thing is the correct way, then I'm told that the opposite is the correct way. There's an awful lot of "trivializing the momentous & complicating the obvious" too. Just watching the skies, waiting for Christ's return, before too much more hell is unleashed on earth. I love you & the family very much, and miss you every day~! Take care, and be careful out there - I'm proud of you, too!

Sharon said...

The city of Babylon was a city of excess...the biggest the best the all about me attitude...it is no mistake that the book of Revelation describes the world in the end times as Babylon...not so much the city but the attitude ----"it's all about me!" She is Babylon the Great Harlot, the prostitute...giving herself wholly to anything, especially to anything ungodly...

Sharon said...

2 Timothy 3:1-5
But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Try to think the best of others and we never know where we eill be if the same bad luck happens to us. appreciate what you have - when you have it.