Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Closing

We found out today that we should close on the 15th. Hopefully nothing delays that we need to paint the living room and kitchen before moving in and I am trying to find someone to finish the drywall and carpet downstairs. With any luck we can be all settled in by October 1st. I have been reading up and talking to people about horses. I think come springtime we are going to get one. The lot has plenty of room we will just have to put up a small barn(we need something for the fourwheelers and storage anyway) and corral. I have been studying about the cost and care there is a lot of work in owning a horse but it will be a nice hobby for Barb and the kids.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

It's a lot of work! More than a hobby! But they are fun - you just need to get the kids basic riding lessons....and caring lessons...try letting them connect with someone who owns stables around you....they can work there and get the idea before you bring one home...

Julie said...

How exciting! I'm so happy for you that you've found a place for yourselves to be permanently, and I love horses! Agree with Share on the lessons/ working with them before investing. They are definitely a lot of work, but beautiful creatures & you'll get a lot of return for your investment just in the joy of sharing life with one. Can't wait to see you all again, hopefully we can come out on vacation in 2009!