Monday, July 19, 2010

Dazed and Confused

I am finding out that you never really know people. You think that because of time and energy spent on a relationship that it means you have an understanding of who someone is and what they are capable of. Lately, this concept has been hammered home to me you dont know what others will do, its a guess at best. There may be many outside factors that influence people on any given situation, alcohol, drugs, greed, and so on, but those influences shouldnt change the core of a person. People should be strong enough to stick to what is right in spite of outside influences. I know that it is easier said then done, but I can honestly say I do it to the best of my ability, why cant everyone else?? I know I am expecting to much!! :( I havent been this disappointed in someone for quite sometime.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I can definitely relate, brother. I've learned that many times in life you have to let go & let God, because you can't change people. Hang in there, know that you are loved by God (& your family.)

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

The heart is desperate and wicked - who can know it.. This refers to self.. We can only start to know ourselves in relationship to God. We love you and pray you find happiness, which we have only found in Christ.. Mom and Jim