Wednesday, April 22, 2009






Well, I cant wait until we have DSL in our area, I am tired of not keeping up on this. This month has been extremely busy. We have finally finished the basement, now Barb wants to furnish it!! We have started a fence for the backyard and should have it done shortly. The position in HSB is over they neglected to inform me that I would have to work an 8:30 am- 9:30 pm shift which is not sustainable. Otherwise things are going pretty well. Barb's parents are coming out the first week of June this will be the first time the kids have seen them since we came to Idaho. This will also mark the third full year we have been here.

On that note, it is hard to believe that we have been here three years. It seems that the older I get the faster life passes by. I am grateful for the progress we have made during that time but at the same time we have along way to go. I know without a doubt that coming back to Idaho has kept us in a better position then we would have been if we stayed in Ohio. With all of the current economic news I hear, it saddens me to think that my original home is being ripped apart. I look back at Owens-Illinois, Owens-Corning, Cooper Tire, GM, Ford, Brush Wellman, Marathon, BP, Libbey, and all of the other industry thats there and it saddens me to think of what has happened, hopefully; it returns. I am often chastised for my "eastern roots" one of the responses I use is that people from the midwest are much harder workers, we work in the fields, in the foundries, and on the factory floors. I dont know how much longer that argument will hold up???

1 comment:

Julie said...

The house looks great! Yes, we are hard workers! I have a laptop & work from home. I'm glad I'm in where I'm at - it could be the most promising thing NW Ohio has going for it. We'll see how things pan out - I'm still hoping we'll build a plant in Boise! Love you & miss you all!