Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Been awhile!





Well it has been to long since I posted. On June 23rd I tore my labrum in my shoulder and have been off work until just this week. I am back to work on light duty doing physical therapy. After a arthroscopy, cortisone injections, and an MRI the consensus is I wont need surgery. I hope to be back to patrol by the 11th but will have to get that by the doctor.

For the past 8 months I have been looking for a Akbash dog for Christina unsuccessfully, they are a very rare breed and I couldnt find local one that didnt cost a fortune. I actually found one at a shelter on Craigslist. He was apparently found stray so they think he just wandered off. The vet thinks he is about a year old. He is around 80 lbs but is thin from lack of eating. He should grow to around 120lbs. The good thing is we saved him from most likely being put down and he didnt cost a fortune.

These dogs are breed for herding and we plan to use him for sheep herding eventually looking at getting Blackbelly meat sheep to breed and eat the lambs. Yummy!! So far he seems housebroken and listens to some commands I think with time he will be a good dog. So here are a few pics.

No comments: